- Their stunning tagine is inspired by traditional terra cotta tagines used in cooking Moroccan cuisine and is ideal for the long, slow simmering of rich, flavorful recipes.
- The eye-catching, tight-fitting lid forms an excellent seal to keep moisture and heat inside.
- The conical shape also helps moisture circulate throughout the piece so there's no need to open, stir or turn the tagine, making for easy preparation.
- Extremely attractive, the tagine effortlessly moves from the oven or stove to the table.
- Measures 8 1/3" H x 10 3/4" in diameter.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
SKU # 16512125
Le Creuset® Tagine
Hi, I'm Michelle from Bed Bath & Beyond, and I'm here to tell you about the Le Creuset Tagine. Originally from North Africa, a tagine is a dish named after the special pot that it's cooked in. The dish is a traditional stew made of meats and vegetables that are slow-cooked in a uniquely shaped pot.
The tagine has been inspired by the traditional North African pot. But Le Creuset has improved it for your modern taste and kitchen. Made of two different high-quality materials, the base is enamel cast iron. The lid is hard Waring glazed stoneware.
The lid's shape was created for functionality. The steam rises and makes contact with the cool lid. It then condenses and drips down onto the food, cooking it gently in a small amount of liquid.
Because of its sturdy, flat base, this tagine can be used easily and safely on any heat source: gas, electric, radiant, or solid plates. Ceramic, halogen, or induction stoves. The cast iron base also provides a benefit of even, slow heat conductivity.
The Le Creuset tagine comes in assorted colors and is available online at Bed Bath & Beyond.