Oxygenics® PowerMassage® Shower System
Fabulous Shower Experience!
I'm not sure how long this is going to last, but I can tell you that I just had the best shower EVER. I'm not sure what setting my husband used when installing this, but having both heads going (I think they're on pulsing massage) is very similar to a luxurious spa shower. The water pressure is great--rinsing my long hair was a breeze.
Don't let the bad reviews sway you--this isn't really that expensive. If you have doubts, use a BBB coupon!
March 5, 2013
Great while it worked
Shower head completely broke off after a year while trying to adjust it, not the settings but the slight tilt. Very little force was used and it just immediately cracked 3/4 of the diameter. One additional touch and completely snapped off.
Previously, the shower head was stiff to adjust but worked. While it was intact, it functioned great and switching between the settings and between the heads was very smooth. Installation was also very smooth.
January 27, 2013
Awesome... When Installed Right
I now have 2 of these. It by far has the best pressure of any of the multi-function showerheads I've owned. I purchased the first one over a year ago (it's still working great with no leaks) and it installed in under 5 minutes. The second one sprayed all over when I first installed it but this is what I did to get it to work without any leaks:
1. Teflon Tape EVERYTHING with exposed threads clockwise with about 3 turns each.
2. Make sure there is a washer/rubber gasket for every connection in place. I pressed each one down with my pinky finger as far as it would go.
3. When you screw on the Diverter to the shower arm make sure it screws on easy at first (otherwise it's on wrong and will leak) and then I tighten mine (with a wrench) until it was hard to rotate the Diverter. You'll have to position the Diverter so it will be straight once you tighten it to the shower arm; because you don't want to rotate or twist it after it's been tightened.
4. Next I hand tightened the Fixed Showerhead. It will screw on very easily when you have it lined up on the threads correctly. Also, it will screw on all the way up the threads until it touches the cylinder part of the Diverter. If you see threads and it's really hard to turn then take it off and start over. Trust me, it screws on really easy!
5. Now screw in the hose, with the end that has the grips, to the Diverter. It will also go on smoothly but will need tightening (again I hand tightened this, if you use a wrench be careful of over tightening). On this part I had 2 threads still exposed. If it leaks, turn of the water, tighten it a little and try again.
6. Now twist on the smooth part of the hose connection to the Handheld Showerhead. This part will also go on easy if it's lined up correctly with the threads. There should only be a small gap once it’s hand tightened.
That’s it… After I did all this to mine it worked great without a single leak. Hope this helps someone because my wife and I think this is the best multi-function shower out there!
January 24, 2013
very cheaply made connection, otherwise OK
I've been through two of these now; the first one I could not get to seal completely when attaching to the pipe in my shower (brand new house, not an old and worn pipe) even using teflon tape or PTFE paste on the threads. I've renovated my fair share of homes so installing a showerhead is not beyond my skill level; however I called Oxygenics customer service to find out if I was doing something wrong just in case. They confirmed I wasn't and suggested I keep tightening until it stopped leaking. Right then, with them on the phone is when the first one cracked. Although the showerhead itself is made of metal, the threaded part that attaches to your metal pipe is PLASTIC, and as other reviewers have noted is CHEAP plastic at that. They said they would replace it for me but I would need to ship the broken item to them with a check for $10 for S&H of the return product. I laughed and brought it back to BB&B. I'm not going to spend money shipping the broken product AND pay them to ship a new one to me when their product is flawed. BB&B of course handled the return without issue, as they always do. I replaced it with the very same product, hoping for better luck. It lasted a month and just broke again in the same place. This time my wife was adjusting it while taking a shower and it cracked off in her hand.
I'll be returning this one to BB&B, but this time will be getting anything other than an Oxygenics showerhead.
December 13, 2012