Open-face Avocado Sandwich
Avocado is not a low-fat food, but most of the fat it contains is unsaturated, and it is an excellent source of other nutrients, such as fiber, potassium, B vitamins, and antioxidants.
- 2 slices whole-grain sourdough bread
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 lime, cut in half
- Fresh cilantro leaves
1. Lay the bread on plates.
2. Arrange the avocado slices over the 2 slices of bread. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and plenty of fresh pepper. Squeeze the juice from one-quarter of a lime over each slice.
3. Use a fork to press the avocado into the bread. Arrange a handful of cilantro leaves on top. Enjoy.
Makes 2 servings.
Nutrition per Serving: Calories 260 - Fat 16 g - Fiber 9 g - Protein 5 g - Carbohydrates 25 g
Back to Cooking@College Home Page
Back to College Insider Home Page