It's warm, filling, easy to make, inexpensive, and yummy!
- 1 medium baking potato
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 2 tablespoons cooked, crumbled bacon, or artificial bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons salad dressing of your choice (nonfat or low-fat)
1. Pierce the raw potato several times with the tines of a fork. Place the potato on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on the high setting until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Arrange the lettuce on a plate. Place the potato on top of the lettuce and cut it open with a knife, spreading it over the lettuce.
3. Top the potato with bacon pieces, chopped tomato, and the dressing of your choice. Serve immediately.
Makes 1 serving.
Nutrition per Serving: Calories 260 - Fat 5 g - Fiber 5 g - Protein 14 g - Carbohydrates 41 g
Back to Cooking@College Home Page
Back to College Insider Home Page