This snack tastes best when the bread is grilled, but you can make it with a slice of toast. Drizzle the oil over the bread after it comes out of the toaster.
- 1 thick slice of crusty, good bread, such as ciabatta
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Drizzle bread with olive oil.
2. Grill or broil both sides of the bread on medium heat until you have obvious grill marks and the crusts are a bit charred, about 4 minutes.
3. Spread the cheese on the bread, grate the lemon zest over the cheese, and drizzle a little honey over the entire thing. Eat immediately.
Makes 1 serving.
Nutrition per Serving: Calories 430 - Fat 14 g - Fiber 3 g - Protein 15 g - Carbohydrates 62 g
Back to Cooking@College Home Page
Back to College Insider Home Page