- A desk lamp is key for lighting your work, and there are many to choose from
- With input ports, speakers, or organizers built in
- Planning to study in bed? Get a clip-on lamp to give you extra nighttime brightness
- A good desk chair makes it a lot easier to keep comfortable during those long cram sessions
- To help stay organized, consider a bookcase - many schools do not provide them - a cart for your school supplies, a corkboard or white board for your notes, and a calendar for deadlines
- And think of where else you might study besides the desk - a backrest and laptop cooling pad can make studying in bed more comfortable
Jessica: Hi, I’m Jessica for Campus & Beyond from Bed Bath & Beyond.
Nicole: And I’m Nicole. I’m an incoming freshman and Jess here has been helping me set up my new room.
Jessica: Now Nicole, are you ready to start studying?
Nicole: Oh yeah, I guess that’s one of the things you’re supposed to do here.
Jessica: Yeah. And if you want to make it a more pleasant experience you have to make your workspace work for you. And I see you got the desk chair and it’s built for working at a desk so your back will thank you for it. And a lot of people forget to bring a desk lamp but I see you have one of those too. And you’ll be able to see everything on your desk.
Nicole: Yeah. I mean that’s going to be great for when I do manicures at my desk right?
Jessica: Well yeah that too. And it’s a good thing that you thought of bringing a bookcase because they don’t always provide them.
Nicole: Yeah. I saw my book list and I was like, “I definitely need a bookcase.”
Jessica: And I’m thinking you’re probably going to do a lot of your homework right on your bed.
Nicole: Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. So I actually got this thing. It gives me light wherever I need it. And I got this laptop cooling pad which keeps my laptop from getting too hot and my thighs.
Nicole: Oh, and this lamp here, I bought that too. I like it so much better than the overhead lights in the room.
Jessica: Yes it’s nice to have a floor lamp too. You don’t want to have to be squinting at your textbook.
Nicole: Or your manicure.
Jessica: Hmm, now that you mention it.