- Integrated conical burr grinder with grind size dial accurately adjusts fineness of the grind for correct dispersion amount and is activated simply by a one-touch grinding cradle with auto-stop.
- Removable tamper with tamping pressure guideline helps to ensure that grinds are compressed correctly.
- The 15-bar pump pressure system is Italian designed and made, and the pressure gauge assists in optimum extraction pressure.
- 67-ounce water tank has charcoal water filteration system.
- Includes 2 single wall filters, 2 dual wall filters, coffee scoop for pre-ground espresso, Latte art forthing jug, cleaning tool for filter and steam wand, cleaning brush for conical burrs, cleaning tablets and disc for overall machine cleaning cycle.
- Measures 13 1/2" W x 11 1/2" D x 14 1/2" H.
- UL listed.
SKU # 17118382
Introducing the Breville Barista Express. It's the first machine of its kind to deliver beans to espresso in under a minute, giving you an authentic cafe quality result. The key to achieving luscious crema is with freshly ground beans. Ideally, you want to extract your espresso within two minutes of grinding the beans. And this is made even easier with the onboard conical burr grinder and dosing system, which are both integrated into the design. And because it doesn't use a blade grinder, there's minimal heat transfer to the beans so they retain their flavor, which means a better all around tasting espresso. Offering both programmable or manual settings, it's perfect for the beginner or the aspiring barista.
Now, I recommend for the beginner the dual filters. It's got a single layer of holes on the inside, and then one exit hole on the outside, which increases the backpressure inside the brew head and takes all the guesswork out of grinding and tamping. But if you've already mastered the art of espresso, we've included the single wall filters, which will deliver better all around tasting espresso. Now, if you use the single wall filter, you have to pay more attention to the tamping pressure and the grind size. So if you're just starting out, you're better using the dual wall filters and following the preset settings on the unit itself. Even the tamper has an element of innovative design.
Because it's deliberately attached to the unit at a clever spot with a magnet, it gives you the tamp your grind without having to remove it. Now, the correct tamp pressure is one of the most important components for best results. Because it's magnetic, it also gives you the option to remove it and tamp it on the counter with more control like a true barista. Remember to clean your filters after each extraction so it doesn't get blocked. And we've made this easier with the dry puck feature. There's a value inside the unit that actually rids the puck of any excess water, so the used grinds come out completely dry, similar to a brownie, and it pops out for a much quicker clean up.
The Breville Barista Express. Another great innovation by Breville.