"Breville® BDF600XL Deep Fryer" is not available for sale online.
This item may be discontinued or not carried in your nearest store. Please call your local store to check in-store availability before heading there. For informational purposes, the product details and customer reviews are provided.
- The Cool Plate™ heating element uses innovative technology to keep cooking oil at a uniform temperature.
- Foods cook to light, crispy perfection without absorbing fat.
- Capacity and efficiency are maximized while the amount of oil needed is minimized.
- The 2.2-pound capacity extra-large 'Load and Drain' fry basket prevents oil splatter while a latch allows for lifting and draining without opening the lid.
- A viewing window allows you to monitor cooking.
- The control dial adjusts cooking temperatures from 320 degrees to 375 degrees F.
- The 3.4-quart capacity removable oil pan insert has a pour spout for easy emptying and cleaning.
- The brushed stainless-steel housing remains cool to the touch.
- 1800 watts.
- Measures 10 1/2" H x 18 1/4" L x 9 1/2" W.
- Lid, pan & basket are dishwasher safe.
SKU # 17777530
Introducing the Breville Deep Fryer, ideal for spare of the moment snacks or to serve up gourmet hors d’oeuvres. Whether you want an alternative to greasy restaurant fried food or you just want to splurge for a day, this is the best way to fry. Because this deep fryer sears the outside of your food while it cooks, less oil is absorbed into your meal.
The Breville Deep Fryer has an innovative Cool Plate that sits right at the base of the pan. This means less oil is needed than conventional deep fryers. And because it has a large surface area it gently heats and maintains a consistent temperature increasing the length of time the oil can be reused without altering its taste. And that means better tasting food.
In choosing an oil for deep frying you want to pick something with a high smoke point. That’s the point where the oil heats up enough that it starts to smoke and you end up losing flavor. We’ll use peanut oil because of its delicate flavor, high smoke point and it’s high in monounsaturated oil and vitamin E.
To use your deep fryer, fill the pan with oil. You can see that the min and max lines are very close together. You need to stay within this range and only once the oil is in the pan should you connect the power cord to the power outlet. Now switch the fryer on and select your setting, depending on your food. If you were making French fries for example you’d set the dial to a max of 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then just wait for the heating signal to turn off.
And when you’re adding food to the basket don’t overfill it. This will lower the overall oil temperature making food absorb more oil and not could properly. When cooking foods coated with batter you should use a different technique. Lower the fryer basket into the hot oil then carefully add the battered food using metal tongs a few pieces at a time. Be sure to let the oil recover to the correct temperature before adding more. If you added all the battered food to the basket at once the batter would stick to the basket and you’d get an uneven result. And it would be a mess to clean up.
The load and drain feature allows you to lower your food into the oil with the lid in place in order to prevent splatter. And when your food is done, raise the basket out of the hot oil and lock it in the top load or drain position for 10 to 20 seconds before opening. And always be careful of steam when opening. And remember you don’t have to throw away used cooking oil after each use. Frying oil can be filtered using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth and reused two or three times. The Deep Fryer with Cool Plate technology brought to you by the food thinkers at Breville.