- It's easy to emulate authentic Asian style cooking with 15 precision heat settings that cook at temperatures as high as 425 degrees F. which gives ingredients a terrific sear, sealing in flavors
- Other settings allow you to keep food warm, slow cook sauces, casseroles and soups, or cook rice and pasta, brown nuts and fry
- The Cook n' Look tempered glass lid allows you to view your dish without letting heat escape and it features adjustable steam vents
- The die-cast wok bowl features a Quantanium nonstick finish so foods won't stick and clean up is a breeze
- A one- touch slide bar quickly disassembles the wok for convenient cleaning and storage
- 6-quart capacity
- Stainless steel base
- Wok measures 14" diameter (for family size portions)
- Removable temperature control probe
- Dishwasher safe bowl and lid
- Measures 17 3/4" D x 9 1/4" H
- Model BEW600XL
SKU # 17777548
Electric woks are helpful kitchen tools. They’re versatile, fast and convenient. And stir frying is energy efficient and a healthy way to cook. The Breville Hot Wok has a unique butterfly shaped heating element. It allows the wok to heat up the sides which replicates authentic Asian style gas cooking. And the Quantanium nonstick base uses less oil and cleans up effortlessly.
The Breville Hot Wok can be used for almost any cooking type such as shallow frying, steaming, stewing, slow cooking and boiling. Use it to make soups, sauces, breakfast dishes and of course stir-fries. It has 14 heat settings and then you have your high sear setting.
Whenever you’re cooking always allow the hot wok to preheat at high sear for 10 minutes before you begin to cook. Even if you want to use the low setting for a slow cook recipe, first heat the wok to high sear and then take it back to whichever setting you want. And never add the oil when the wok is still cold or try to heat it up with the unit as this will produce a poor cooking result.
And because of the handles and sturdy base you could actually transfer the Breville Hot Wok to the table for banquet style serving. All parts are best hand washed but the lid can also be placed in the dishwasher. And be sure not to place the glass lid under cold water while it’s still hot because it could break or crack. So when storing the wok line the wok with two sheets of paper towel and place the probe inside so it doesn’t scratch the nonstick coating.
The Hot Wok, brought to you by the food thinkers at Breville.