- This powerful grinder has a large capacity bean hopper that holds up to 1 lb.
- of coffee beans and has an air-tight lid with a locking system for easy removal, storage and transfer of beans.
- The Dosing IQ™ automatically calibrates each dose every time the grind settings are adjusted.
- This machine automatically grinds for direct dosing into a portafilter, a grinds container or a drip filter basket and allows for manual strength adjustment (weak/strong).
- The sleek, stainless steel grinder features a backlit LCD screen that displays 25 grind settings, number of cups/shots and customized grind amount.
- It includes two portafilter cradles, a grind container and a cleaning brush.
- Measures 15 1/2" H x 8 1/4" W x 6" L.
- Model BCG800XL.
SKU # 17777521
Different types of coffee - drip, espresso and French press need specific grind sizes and the amount that you grind will also affect your coffee’s taste.
Introducing the Breville Smart Grinder with dosing IQ. It takes all the guesswork out and gives you the precise amount of coffee depending on the grind.
To get the freshest grind it’s best to grind coffee beans immediately before brewing. And you should only grind the exact amount you intend to use. As many coffee aficionados know a conical burr grinder like the Smart Grinder is better for the bean than a blade grinder. And this is because they produce less heat keeping beans in their best state.
To use the Smart Grinder, load up the hopper with fresh beans. The side dial lets you scroll through the LCD screen and its 25 grind settings. Coarser grinds like French press, filter and percolator are all displayed in cups. Finer espresso settings are displayed in shots. The fine setting would be better suited to an espresso machine that uses a dual wall filter or one that’s fully automated. And then the extra fine settings would be suited to an espresso machine that uses a single wall filter.
Next press the amount button to set the desired amount of cups or shots. But if you know that you like your coffee a little bit stronger turn the adjust dial to the right. You can see that the bars go up and this increases the amount of coffee grinds by 5% per bar.
The Smart Grinder comes with two cradles depending on which espresso machine you have. And with the auto one touch you can grind directly into your pot or filter. And it’s normal for this to be overfilled before you tamp. Or for drip coffee and percolator you can grind into the container. It’s best to keep the lid on so that the grinds don’t escape. And you can also see the cup guide on the outside. Or you can grind directly into a paper filter basket.
Be sure to regularly clean your burrs because coffee oils can build up inside. To do this just empty any beans and then run the grinder until empty. Then remove the bean hopper and the upper burr. Clean the upper and lower burrs with the included brush and also clean the grinder outlet. Then push back the upper burr firmly into place and align the bean hopper into position.
The Smart Grinder, brought to you by the food thinkers of Breville.