- Cuisinart® Grind & Brew™ 12-Cup Automatic Coffee Maker delivers convenient bean-to-cup brewing functionality so that you can enjoy the true flavor of your favorite coffee
- Strength selector allows you to choose coffee strength: strong, medium or mild
- Uses freshly ground coffee beans
- Sealable, 8 oz. capacity bean hopper holds up to a half-pound of coffee beans
- Grind control lets you grind coffee beans for 2 to 12 cups
- Brew Pause™ lets you enjoy a cup before brewing is finished
- 2 to 4 cup brewing feature
- Carafe warming plate
- Includes a glass carafe and a gold tone commercial style permanent filter
- 12-cup capacity water reservoir
- Integrated burr grinder automatically grinds coffee beans before brewing for maximum freshness, flavor and aroma
- Push button control panel with grind dial selector and LCD display
- Charcoal water filter removes impurities
- 24-hour fully programmable functions
- Adjustable auto-shutoff (0-4 hours)
- Stainless steel and plastic housing
- Wipe clean exterior
- Hand wash glass carafe
- Dimensions: 8.27" D x 11.61" W x 16.34" H
- Weighs 10.47 lb.
- UL listed
- 3-year manufacturer's warranty
- Model DGB-700BC
SKU # 14725296
Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Automatic Coffee Maker DGB-700BC
Hi, I'm Mary Rogers, the Director of Marketing Communications for Cuisinart. This is Cuisinart's Burr Grind and Brew Coffee Maker. This makes the best tasting coffee possible. It has a half-pound bean hopper in the top where you just put your beans. It has a gasket seal so that the air and moisture are kept out and won't affect the taste of your beans. The other great thing is it has a really great feature called strength control, so you pick whether you want to make your coffee mild, medium, or strong just by pressing this button. Then you choose how many cups of coffee you're going to make. Today, I'm going to make six cups. What happens is the coffee maker knows exactly how many beans to grind for you to get the perfect strength that you want.
It's totally programmable, so you can wake up in the morning to fresh coffee. The other thing is if you happen to run out of beans, you can use the grind off function. Right inside here is where the filter basket is. We give you a gold tone filter with this coffee maker. It's a cupcake style filter. We also give you a few paper filters to get started. The difference between using a gold tone filter and a paper filter is that a gold tone filter will let some sediment go through when you make the coffee, and a paper filter will make sure that no sediment will go through. So if you like more of a European brew, use the gold tone filter.
So that goes in there. The special lid goes on. What happens is we hit the start. What will happen is the beans will be ground, they'll go right into the basket inside, and it uses a burr grinder, so it crushes the beans. It doesn't chop them. This is the perfect way to make coffee. You'll get the freshest, most flavorful coffee possible using this method.
So here we go. As you can see, our coffee has started brewing, and while it's continuing, I just want to tell you about some other features of the product. This is our charcoal water filter. It's great to take out impurities because it's really important to use fresh cold water when you're making coffee. It's used in conjunction with this filter holder in the back of the machine. You just put it in there, and you slip it down into the water and close the lid.
The other thing is it has a water window on the side, which tells you how many cups of water you need to put in to get however many cups you wish to brew. The other thing is it has a glass carafe, which holds 12 cups. It also has a brew pause feature, so when I remove the carafe, basically, what happens is it will stop brewing for the time being, I can pour a cup of coffee if I can't wait until it's done brewing entirely. Then I just put it right back in place, and it'll continue brewing until it's done.
There you have it. The Cuisinart Burr Grind and Brew Coffee Maker.