- The nonstick die-cast grill plate with semi-embedded heating element distributes heat more evenly and the smokeless broiler drawer provides two-tier cooking so you can enjoy restaurant-quality cook from the comfort of your own home.
- Its adjustable thermostat means you can choosef rom high, medium and low settings.
- Includes oil and grease drain cup, on/off indicator light, removable broiler drip tray, cord storage and recipes.
- The micro-safety switch has an auto shut-off.
- Measures approximately 20 1/2" W x 7" H.
- One year limited warranty.
- Model # BQ 100.
SKU # 16971855
Hi, my name's Chef Chris Covelli. I'm the executive chef for DeLonghi, America. I'm here today to introduce to you the new countertop grill and broiler. It's an incredible combination of style and performance. It provides restaurant quality results by allowing you to first sear the food on top of the grill and then finish it under the broiler. You can even cook multiple dishes at the same time. This multi-purpose grill produces tasty results that will have you cooking like a professional in minutes. We're going to show you how to do a filet mignon and the process of that 10 o'clock/2 o'clock we've discussing. This is the perfect piece of meat to not only get the grill marks but to show the cooking by concentration, which seals the juices. Again, the design of the grill, which gives you that grill mark, seals the juices inside so nothing escapes. So we're going to take our filet. I'm going to place it on the grill. Press it down. I'm going to let each one cook for a little bit. Okay, now we're going to go 2 o'clock. Again, press down. You can smell it already. Okay, now we'm going to turn it over to start the grill marks on the other side. Now at this point, you can add a little salt. Since salt to me is a cooking agent, I always add it to the meat afterwards so it doesn't extract the natural juices from the meat. Okay, now we're going to turn to 2 o'clock again. Okay, so now what we're going to do, we're going to open up the broiler and we're going to finish one of them underneath so it can cook more. You're going to have one on top, you finish it medium rare, and the other one underneath at medium. Okay, we're going to take them off now. You can let them rest for approximately one minute. Take your arugula, put it in a bowl, a little extra virgin olive oil. Then you take your meat, make nice, thin slices. You're going to take your meat and nicely place it over the salad. This plate is called talliata, and then to finish it off, some parmesan shavings, and that's it.