Update to our Un-Receipted Return Policy effective April 20, 2015
Effective April 20, 2015, if you do not have a receipt for a purchase made in the last 365 days, we can look up the purchase using either your credit card or gift registry used to make the purchase.
If we can't find a record of the purchase, we will gladly complete an exchange or provide you with a merchandise credit for the current selling price less 20%. This accounts for additional discounts or coupons that may have been applied.
Merchandise returns get you down? Not at Bed Bath & Beyond; we make it free and easy! You may return a purchase for a refund, merchandise credit, or exchange to any of our stores nationwide or to our returns processing center. We do the hard part for you: we send you a pre-paid shipping label with every order. Just follow the simple instructions below and be sure to read our guidelines to make your return hassle-free.
No Packing Invoice or Pre-paid Shipping Label?
If you do not have the original invoice enclosed with your order or gift from Bed Bath & Beyond, or if you don't have the pre-paid shipping label, please call 1-800-GO-BEYOND for assistance. Our associates will be happy to help you.
Refunds and Credits
We'll refund or credit the value of the item and any taxes you were charged. Shipping and gift packaging charges are nonrefundable. To receive a refund, the original packing invoice should accompany your return.
Non-Gift Returns of Merchandise paid by Gift Card or Merchandise Credit
All non-gift returns of merchandise paid via gift cards will be refunded to the original gift card. A new merchandise credit will be issued for all returns of this type.
Returns to Our Processing Center
Return postage labels are included with every purchase from our online store in the event you need to return an item. Please follow the steps below to complete your return:
- Please circle the item you wish to return on the bottom copy of your original packing invoice form.
- Choose a reason for return from the back of the invoice and enter its number next to your circled item.
- Provide a telephone number in case we have questions.
- Detach the top copy of the invoice form and keep it for your records. Enclose the bottom copy with the items you are returning.
- Pack your return securely and attach the pre-paid return label found in your original carton.
- To return your package you may use your regular FedEx scheduled pick up or drop off at a FedEx location (visit fedex.com/locate or call 1-800-GoFedEx (1-800-463-3339), and say “find a location”). You can schedule a Ground Pick by going to fedex.com/returnpickup or call 1-800-GoFedEx and say “Return Manager”.
- Should you have any questions or comments, please feel free to call us at 1-800-GO-BEYOND, and a customer service representative will be pleased to assist you.
You may also mail returns via the US Postal Service to the address below. We recommend that you insure the package prior to shipment. Enclosing your original packing invoice will help us expedite your return.
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Returns Processing / Door 39
- 1001 West Middlesex Avenue
- Port Reading, New Jersey 07064
Returns for Items Shipped Directly From Vendor
It's easy to return items to our processing center! To ensure we credit you properly, please include your packing slip and complete the information including your telephone number so we may call you with any questions. Pack your return securely and visit www.bedbathandbeyond.com/returns to print your free return shipping label. Please print a return label for each box sent. Returns will be credited back to your original form of payment. Gift returns to our processing center will receive merchandise credit.
Returns to Our Stores
We gladly accept returns or exchanges at any of our store locations nationwide. Please remember to bring the original packing invoice and the credit card used for purchase. Without the original packing invoice and your credit card, you may receive an exchange or merchandise credit. Purchases made with PayPal or Gift Card(s) will be refunded in the form of a merchandise credit. If multiple tender types (including PayPal) were used in the original purchase, the portion paid with credit/debit card will be refunded to that payment type. The balance will be refunded in the form of a merchandise credit. To find the location nearest you, please click here or call 1-800-GO-BEYOND.
For gifts sent back to our returns processing center, we will issue a merchandise credit which can be used in any of our stores nationwide. Please provide the original packing slip included with the shipment so we may expedite this process. If you do not have the original packing invoice, please call us at 1-800-GO-BEYOND for assistance in returning Bed Bath & Beyond gifts you have received.
Our associates at 1-800-GO-BEYOND will be happy to assist you with exchanges or replacements for Bed Bath & Beyond items purchased through our online store or received as gifts. For exchanges of missent orders or damaged or defective merchandise, we will credit you for the returned item upon receipt and send you your replacement with no additional shipping charges.
Truck Delivery Returns: What You Should Know
We want you to enjoy your purchase for years to come. That’s why it’s important to understand what to do in the event that you have an issue with your purchase.
Accepting Your Truck Delivery
Someone over the age of 18 must be present to sign for your delivery. Also, please note that once your delivery is scheduled and confirmed, if you are not home to accept the delivery, you will be responsible for all shipping, storage and vendor charges (such as cancellation or restocking fees) as specified in the chart below .
While the delivery person is present AND prior to signing for delivery:
- Open and inspect the item(s).
- For any damage (even minimal), write “Package Damaged” on the delivery form.
- Call 844-4BBBHOME (844-422-2466) immediately to report any defects or damages.
After Accepting Your Delivery
- Within 48 Hours
If you notice missing or damaged parts, call 1-844-4BBBHOME (844-422-2466) within 48 hours and we will send you replacement parts free of charge.
- Within 30 Days
Item(s) may be returned for any reason as long as the following conditions are met:
- The item(s) must be in its original condition.
- Truck Delivery purchases may NOT be returned to a Bed Bath & Beyond store. Our stores are not equipped to handle these types of returns.
- Customer is responsible for all shipping, storage and vendor charges (such as cancellation or restocking fees) as specified in the Chart below.
To schedule a return within 30 days under these conditions, call our Delivery Customer Service team at 1-844-4BBBHOME (844-422-2466) between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Monday –Saturday (Eastern Time). We will make arrangements to have our carrier contact you to schedule a pick up of your return.
- After 30 Days
Returns will not be accepted after 30 days. For issues after 30 days, please contact the manufacturer.
Cancellation & Return Schedule Fee Chart
|Cancellation & Return Schedule||Fee|
|Orders Cancelled within 24 hours of purchase||No Fee|
|Orders Cancelled after 24 hours of purchase and before Shipper contact||Restocking fee (up to 20% of purchase price)|
|Orders Cancelled after Shipper Contact, at Delivery, or after Delivery||Restocking fee (up to 20% of purchase price) + Cost of Return Freight|
The restocking fee covers administrative, shipping, storage, and all associated fees incurred during the processing and shipping of your order.
Adult Size Mattress Returns: What You Should Know
The transition from your old mattress to a new mattress can feel very different. In many cases, it can take about 30 days for your body to adjust to your new mattress. If after 30 days you are not completely satisfied, we will allow a one-time exchange up to 120 days from delivery.
Mattresses can only be exchanged:
- Within 120 days of delivery,
- Are not eligible to be returned
- By calling 1-844-4BBBHOME (844-422-2466) and cannot be exchanged at any Bed Bath & Beyond store. Our stores do not sell mattresses and they are not equipped to handle these types of exchanges.
If you decide to exchange your mattress, only the purchase price of the mattress will be applied to your exchange.
Customers are responsible for:
- Original shipping charges
- Return shipping charges
- Vendor surcharges (such as cancellation or restocking fees), and
- Shipping charges for the new mattress
To schedule an exchange, call our Home Delivery team at 1-844-4BBBHOME (844-422-2466) between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. Monday –Saturday (Eastern Time).